4 • Checklists • [Editorial (Analog)] • essay through Trevor Quachri
• eight • track to Me • [Floyd and Brittney] • novella by way of Richard A. Lovett
• forty • lights Up the mind: using Electromagnetic Radiation to Stimulate Neurons • [Science truth (Analog)] • essay via Kyle Kirkland
• forty nine • not anything to worry • poem through Kate Gladstone
• forty nine • Nothing to worry • inside art by means of uncredited
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • shortstory by way of Carl Frederick
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • inside paintings through Joshua Meehan
• sixty one • Wine, ladies, and Stars • shortstory by way of Thoraiya Dyer
• 70 • this is often As I desire to Be Restored • shortstory through Christie Yant
• seventy three • In occasions to return (Analog, January-February 2014) • [In instances to return (Analog)] • essay by means of uncredited
• seventy four • Product recollects • poem by means of Mary A. Turzillo
• seventy five • Product recollects • inside art via uncredited
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • novelette by means of Rob Chilson
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • inside paintings by way of Zelda Devon
• ninety one • the matter with Reproducible insects • shortstory via Marie DesJardin
• ninety six • similar to Grandma Used to Make • shortstory through Brenta Blevins
• ninety eight • Racing Prejudice • shortstory by way of John Frye, III
• a hundred • On Investigating Heretical Gizmos • [The trade View] • essay through Jeffery D. Kooistra
• 103 • Technological Plateau • shortstory by way of Michael Turton
• one hundred ten • This Quiet airborne dirt and dust • shortstory by means of Karl Bunker
• one hundred ten • This Quiet airborne dirt and dust • inside paintings by means of Kurt Huggins
• a hundred and twenty • made up our minds Spirits • novelette by way of gray Rollins
• 132 • Lockstep (Part 2 of four) • serial by means of Karl Schroeder
• 132 • Lockstep • inside paintings through Mark Evans
• a hundred and eighty • The Reference Library (Analog, January-February 2014) • [The Reference Library] • essay via Don Sakers
• 181 • assessment: Mars, Inc.: The Billionaire's membership by way of Ben Bova • evaluate by means of Don Sakers
• 182 • assessment: Ghost Spin by way of Chris Moriarty • evaluation through Don Sakers
• 182 • evaluation: at the Razor's part through Michael Flynn • evaluate by means of Don Sakers
• 183 • assessment: Transcendental by way of James Gunn • assessment by way of Don Sakers
• 183 • assessment: John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood by way of Michael D. dealers • evaluate by way of Don Sakers
• 184 • Brass Tacks (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Brass Tacks] • essay through a variety of
• 184 • Letter: the writer Responds ... (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay by way of Haris A. Durrani
• 186 • Letter (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay through Rick Norwood
• 187 • 2013 Index (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay by way of uncredited
• one hundred ninety • It's Anlab Time back (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay by way of uncredited
• 192 • Upcoming occasions (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Upcoming occasions] • essay by means of Anthony R. Lewis [as via Anthony Lewis ]
Read or Download Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014) PDF
Best horror books
There exists a race of cannibals who're produced from sweet. They stay in an underground global choked with lollipop forests and gumdrop goblins. in the course of the day, while you're away at paintings, they arrive above flooring and prowl our streets for meals. Their prey: your kids. They trap younger girls and boys to them with their candy smell and brilliant colourful sweet coating, then rip them aside with razor sharp enamel and claws.
An historical evil has woke up . . .
Police leader Dexter Lowe enjoys his humdrum task within the sleepy little city of Gator Creek, Florida, until eventually a kidnapper starts terrorizing the neighborhood girls. FBI targeted Agent Teddi McCoy arrives to aid him seek out the mysterious kidnapper. After failing to safe any leads, they're compelled to recruit the FBI's ace-in-the-hole psychic from the Louisiana Bayou, Jackson "Swamp Jack" Lafevre.
Aided by way of the eccentric LaFevre's impressive visions, they tune the kidnapper to an remoted island at the jap fringe of the Florida Everglades. A key with an eerie and violent previous. Demon Key. a spot the place the kidnapper's sufferers have mysteriously vanished. Forever.
After ultimately dispatching the kidnapper, their pleasure quickly plummets to the depths of terror because the key unearths its maximum horror . . . a sinister creature so strong and vile that Gator Creek's in basic terms wish of survival . . . needs to come from the prior.
Escorted from legal less than heavy protect, murderous psychopath Frank Snow is scheduled for an emergency mind test at Tanglewood Memorial health center, an establishment that's final its doorways after one ultimate evening of operation. yet Snow has whatever way more terrifying deliberate. And as soon as the lighting exit, a fiendish video game of hide-and-seek starts off.
Une obscure de cannibalisme se répand aux Etats - Unis. Bannerman Clark, capitaine de los angeles Garde nationale, est chargé de découvrir l'origine de ce désastre, et surtout d'en enrayer los angeles propagation. Son enquête le mène en Californie, où une femme détiendrait le mystery de l'Epidémie.
- Occasional Demons
- The Howling Trilogy
- Yashakiden: The Demon Princess, Volume 5 (Omnibus Edition)
- Johnny Gruesome
- Zombie Fallout 3: The End .... (Volume 3)
Additional info for Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014)
In many cities, popular terror was so great on that day that people sought refuge in the churches, The Last Judgement (detail) Jan Van Eyck, c. 7 cm The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York 62 63 remaining until midnight, prostrate before the relics of the saints in order to await the last sing of Judgement and die at the foot of the cross. Many gifts to the Church date to this epoch. Lands and goods were given to the monasteries. In fact, an authentic and very interesting document is preserved, written in the year 1000 The Last Judgement (detail), The Elect Fra Angelico, c.
1373-1381 From The Apocalypse of Angers Tapestry Musée des Tapisseries, Angers 56 57 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth … and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life … and the sea gave up the dead which were in it: The Orchard of Drunkenness or The Orchard of the Consolation 12th-14th centuries Illuminated manuscript, 44 x 30 cm Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Paris 58 59 and death and hell gave up the dead which were in them and they were judged every man according to his works … and I saw a new heaven and a new earth.
1270 Sculpture Cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Bourges, Bourges 42 43 that thus one may know exactly how many have elapsed since the beginning of the world. The saviour had come to deliver mankind. What was he waiting for, transportation to Heaven? This Christian tradition was perpetuated year on year and century on century, despite The Demons Are Cast out of Arezzo (detail) Giotto di Bondone, 1296-1297 Fresco Basilica San Francesco d’Assisi, Assisi 44 nature’s evidence to the contrary. Every catastrophe, earthquake, epidemic, famine, and flood, every phenomenon, eclipse, comet, storm, sudden darkness, and tempest, was regarded as the forerunner and herald of the final cataclysm.
Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014)